SOUTHDOWN AND ERIDGE POINT TO POINT GODSTONE, SURREY RH9 8DB - just off Junction 6 M25 IN AID OF KENT, SURREY AND SUSSEX AIR AMBULANCE
The Dash is a concept brought over from Ireland and echos the Dianas of the Chase: the glorious spectacle of side saddle riding across country.
The Dash will be preceded by a display of Side Saddle riding with both tradional and historical costumes on display, kindly organised by Mrs Angela Wells, Chairman of Area 8 Side Saddle Association. Riders in both the display and the Dash are invited to join the parade of Foxhounds which follows the Dash.
For the Public this is a unique opportunity to watch and learn about a sport which has had a major influence throughout the centuries and is enjoying an incredible revival of interest today. Many levels of riders, both ladies and gentlemen are enjoying this elegant sport.
The South Down and Eridge Hunt – Side Saddle Dash 9th April 2017 Godstone Point to Point Course, Surrey.
SIDE SADDLE DASH CONDITIONS
- All riders must have attained the age of 16
- All riders must wear a correctly fitted skull cap to conform to (BS) EN 1384: 2012* or PAS 015: 2011
- Whips: a maximum length of 68 centimetres
- No spurs allowed
- Riders to wear side saddle aprons with racing colours or traditional habit
- Please declare your intention to compete with the Secretary 1 hour before the dash is scheduled
- Number cloths should be collected and returned after the dash
- Back protectors must be worn
- The Dash is not a race, prizes will be awarded on merit
Prizes: £150, £80, £50, £25 – awarded for merit and a memento to all riders
Travel: £50 to each participant travelling in excess of 100 miles from home address to the point to point course i.e. in excess of 200 miles for a round trip.